Sunday, January 01, 2023

Happy New Year and such

 So, it is 2023... I guess this is good.  Another year, getting older, all of that.  It does happen, and I cannot change or control it, but it does not mean I like it.  Alas.  Was out at a fest last nite, arrived home late, and was a bit slow getting up for Mass this morning.  It would have been unfortunate to have missed it, being that I was the EM and was asked to take the gifts up.  But, a quick breakfast and a jump in the shower, and we were good to go with plenty of time.  I did nod off briefly this afternoon, after the gym, but procured some coffee and was back to normal.  Might watch a documentary or something from the NFR later on (the cable is still out, have to fix that), but I should probably get some sleep.  Friday night I didn't sleep well, and I suspect I am feeling it now.

A new year...for one, the book list resets to zero.  I can make resolutions, like read more, go through my house, do some things on the restaurant list (it also includes a bunch of random recipes that I should try to make, lest I seem a complete kitchen idiot), and drop a few pounds, but I think we all know that the chance of that happening... funny; there are some other projects -- stuff I used to do fairly regularly -- that I want to get back into as well, and if I do that...well, less time for the other stuff.   Alas.  Hell, I barely have time to get through the Games magazine pile!

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2022/dec/29/if-aliens-contact-humanity-who-decides-what-we-do-next

I agree; contacting other sentient beings in the universe is more than likely to end badly for us, but I guess it is good that people are thinking of these things...

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/31/us/benedict-death-us-catholics.html?campaign_id=2&emc=edit_th_20221231&instance_id=81598&nl=todaysheadlines&regi_id=31060267&segment_id=121315&user_id=f914b0e213c5e2b4265494b6d07fe88f

As I am fond of saying, it has been so long since we have had an actually Catholic pontiff...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home