Thursday, January 19, 2023

Pupusas

 https://www.outkick.com/ivan-provorov-jersey-sells-out/

This, as you can imagine, amused the hell out of me.  I mean, there is, of course, the issue that the people who are claiming to be tolerant and diverse are trying to get Provorov cancelled, and people are fighting back and not having that.  So now people are ordering his jersey.  I can only imagine what will happen if this keeps up and his jersey is the most popular in the  NHL.  Hell, we know what will happen -- no one will mention it!  It's like the PD and the drop in CBT attendance -- we just ignore it.  I almost want one of my own, just for shits and giggles, and to support tolerance, inclusion, and diversity.  Hell, even the Church of England (and the non-Confederate Methodists) refused to support gay marriage, and no one seriously considers these people to be actual, practicing Christians.

My sister and I went to our monthly dinner today and I chose Pupuseria Katarina, the El Salvadoran restaurant on Brookpark.  I had been there years ago, and wanted to go back, and we all know how I love different cuisine... it also, of course, offends the spirit of Mom and her "Who Eats That Shit?" mentality.  And, it was...good!  I ordered chicken and pork pupusas and a side of rice and beans.  They were good -- couldn't really tell the difference between the meats, but they were good.  The sauce was spicier than I thought -- I certainly needed extra water!  The rice and beans were tasty (basic but good) and I liked the accompanying slaw; it neutralizes but it had a good and tangy flavor on its own.  I would go back -- not right away, to be sure -- but it was decent, and the value was good.

I hit the gym this morning (back and shoulders) because I figured I wouldn't want to go later... but after dinner I was feeling full and my blood sugar was a bit high (too many carbs, in retrospect), so I went and just rode the exercise bike for about 20 minutes.  I don't think that the 170 calories or so that I burned during that time offset the 1,000 calories I inhaled during dinner, but... at least I got some more reading done.  I am more than 320 pages into book 6 (it's about 500) so that is good, as I do want to keep pace on the 50.  I think the old trick of ordering extra books from the library -- supply drives its own demand, if you will -- is something I am reverting to now, and it is a good thing, psychologically...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home