Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Beetlejuice

 So yesterday a friend of mine called to let me know that he had an extra ticket to see "Beetlejuice," the musical, and if I wanted to come...  on the one hand, it's a musical, on the other, it's not like I have anything else to do, so off we went.  One minor problem, of course, is that I am the only person in America who has not seen the movie, so... I don't want to say that I missed the cultural references, but it would have been better if I had.  Anyways, it was...fun.  Bit long, and I will never be a musical person, but it was entertaining -- certainly funny at times -- and it was good to just hang.

Less good:  took my car in for an oil change, and while that was fixed...I need a new ball joint, which will come in tomorrow, and put me out for several hundred dollars, and we all know how I feel about that.  I guess it is good that it is a new year, and the joy of being a car owner, but...sigh.  At least I will get it tomorrow (I hope) before the snow comes.  At least I have a weekend with not much planned, so I can have a nice quiet time of staying home and not spending money... in addition to the house not cleaning, I can read and catch up on some film.

Equally unpleasant, Duke had to come from behind -- from double digits -- at home against Pitt.  Watching the game at least took my mind off yet another bill, but then I got to thinking that this team will be slaughtered by UNC, and I decided it just might be better to find myself beneath the newly repaired Behemoth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home