Monday, January 02, 2023

Back to the Grind

 Hard to believe it is back to work tomorrow.  To be sure, I did some work over the week, but I can't recall the last time I had a whole week -- and then some -- to NOT work.  Quite nice.  I did get some reading done, some holiday stuff, quality family time, hung out with friends...all in all, very nice.

Met a couple friends today for coffee -- good to catch up before everyone goes home (Xmas plans were turned into NYE/NYD plans due to the weather).  This was nice, though, in retrospect, I drank a lot of coffee, which may explain why I am still up.  Of course, I always drink a lot of coffee, and seldom go to bed when I should.  Last night was an exception -- crashed on the couch before 11, woke up at 3:30, rolled into bed bed, worried if I would fall asleep, and woke up at 9...feeling fairly refreshed, if a little sheepish over my laziness.

I did watch another film off the National Film Registry yesterday:  "Betty Tells Her Story."  It was 19 minutes long, and let's just say that I was not the target audience.   I am not sure what the point was, which, to me, is a problem.  At least it was short, and... 807.

Rough news out of the NFL today; I had to go to Youtube to see the actual collision (which is also sort of a problem, ahem), and... well, I am not sure that I saw anything that said "that could really put them in the hospital," but football is a violent game.  Funny, because the highlights from the Tulane comeback were obviously the highlights of the day.  I read a couple of articles yesterday/today about the Big Ten's bad weekend, and while I get that... hell, they had two team in the playoff, and while both of them lost... let's just say the games were highly competitive and they had chances to win.  The PAC-12 would have killed for such an opportunity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home