Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Absence

 I am of two schools of the latest scandal, the unknown absence of Lloyd Austin -- and he was in the ICU.  I mean, I get that he wants his privacy, but there is an easy way to do this; the fact that he never thought to tell anyone at the White House that he would be "away," if you will, is a problem.  It's poor judgment, at the very least.  I am not quite sure the White House should get the blame it is getting, but it is yet another mark in the long list of poor judgments made by Biden and his crew.  Not saying he should resign, but there is something to be said for firing a guy for not even doing the basics required by any HR department in pretty much every company in America.  That is a concern.

I should have gone to bed by now, as I went to bed by 11 last night and had seven plus hours of sleep.  On the heels of the eight the night before, and my cold and other issue...well, I haven't felt this good in a long while.  Of course, I am instead watching Duke putting the smack down on Pitt, which, well, should be expected?  I mean, Pitt has some talent, but a soft non-conference schedule...well, Duke just has to keep winning against teams like this, and pull out half of the tough ones, and they will be fine.  Mostly.

My sister and I met for our monthly dinner (after an unfortunate hiatus) tonight; her choice, and she chose Fire 45 in North Royalton.  We agreed it was good, but not so good that we would run back; there are some interesting things on the menu, but it is, if you will, North Royalton prices (what isn't nowadays).  I passed by the new Chipotle there and I realized that I have not been to one since before the pandemic.  This is probably good, if for health reasons if not that of the budget -- but as I have yet to even call a bathroom contractor, that is almost slightly moot.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home