Thursday, July 25, 2024

All Time Low

Took a night off, sort of; went to see All Time Low at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  As I noted on Facebook, I have never been on a full tour of the place -- once when they had that semi-Warped Tour they had an exhibit inside and we were allowed to look at that -- but a full visit, looking at all of the stuff... no. No real reason, just familiarity breeds contempt and I am not exactly a fan...  anyways, I should probably go.  Back to the show, it was pretty good; I really didn't feel it at first, but I had bought the tickets, and once I got down there... well, I was glad I went.  Finding free parking helped, but also... as one of my friends pointed out, it's not necessarily that All Time Low has a bunch of great songs (though they do), but they have a lot of good songs that you don't necessarily think about until you hear them, are you're like "that's a good one, too."

I was half-tempted to hit Taco Bell on the way home -- been a while since I have been -- but the line was long, so I just went home and snacked on some microwave veggies and some watermelon I cut up.  Definitely healthier.  Watermelon is on sale at Big Bird so I will get another; again, summer is flying by and soon we will be missing it.

I am off tomorrow -- a wellness day I have to take -- and while I should sleep in and rest, I think I will be on the go, at least early. Gym, some errands, Xmas shopping, that sort of thing.  Tomorrow I also need to spend time on getting the house ready -- move the furniture around in the living room, dust, clean, that sort of thing.  I figure if I clean everything twice I should be good.  I had a thought that with the back porch clean, I could maybe use that for something?  I prefer to be inside, but if the weather is nice there is space.  I have a couple of days to mull, I guess.

Trump struggles to find line of attack against Harris: “They are literally grasping at straws” - POLITICO
This could be me, but I think Kamala Harris is a target-rich environment, and this is more about discerning which attacks will work best.  I would concentrate on the obvious ones -- the border, the economy, and whether or not Joe is incompetent.  Trump won in 2016 on the economy, stupid, and I think given consumer concerns it will work here.  Donald and message discipline are not exactly phrases I use in the same word salad, so...it's going to be a bumpy ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home