Monday, July 15, 2013

arms

I have been fascinated by the contretemps over Tim Lincecum and his 149-pitch no-hitter.  Yes, we all know I love the guy, so I am a little biased.  That said, it's a no-hitter, it is Tim Lincecum, and, for most of the evening, he was using the windup, so...I just wonder how much harm it will cause; I mean, he is 29 -- not that young of an arm -- and he does have the week to rest.  I thought it was interesting, given, say, the game when Kluber pitched; Francona yanked him at 109 or so and 7.2.  Smith came on and got one out in the 8th, and Allen worked an interesting ninth.  All of that is defensible, but...why not leave Kluber out there?  I know the whole pen is getting a long break, but... Kluber had pitched well, not many runners, why not let him get a little deeper?  Kluber is 27, a bit more of a risk, but...I guess, given the Tribe's bullpen, I would let Kluber have the chance to blow it, if you will, than the relievers.

I am not surprised by the Trayvon issue, or the reaction  afterwatds.  I don't think you could have found him guilty, given what we knew about the encounter and self-defense law...and I don't think you can blame... ok, yes, you can blame the Sharptons of the world for ginning this up; there is a responsible way to protest this, and I think we will see things get away from that as time goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home