Saturday, October 26, 2013

Alive

Another post hiatus...well, between the World Series, skeeball -- I sucked -- and sleep -- yes, sleep -- I have excuses.  I had some OC duty today...maybe it was the weather, maybe it was the end of the month, but...it was quiet.  Busy, but quiet.  I guess I cannot complain, especially with the crowds beginning to pick up.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2013/10/24/vatican-suspends-bishop-of-bling-over-40-million-home-renovation/

I can't but wonder if the guy is a Franciscan.

I wonder what the GOP's next move will be; I don't think it will be immigration.  The Obamacare rollout is an obvious choice, but I don't think it is a long-term one; sooner or later, the glitches will be fixed.  I would argue that the sticker shock -- premium jumps and all -- would be the next logical move.  Not only would it counteract the old "If you like your plan, you can keep it" line, but it would be a logical stepping stone for a decent bit of health reform...not only should you be able to buy health insurance from anywhere, but you should be able (like you should for cable) pick and choose the coverage you want for anything...It would be the libertarian paradise, offer a nice sop to pro-choicers (If you want abortion, you pay for it), and people couldn't gripe about health care costs if they signed off on them.  Well, they could, but...

In other news, I am about half-complete with The Rainbow, and no one could say it is a joy to read...ok, a chick could, but I am not one, and hence, it is not really a fun or exciting deal.  And I have the sequel right after..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home