Monday, November 04, 2013

Awake

I must admit, I was a little surprised that the Tribe offered Ubaldo a deal; I mean, I think it is worth the risk of him accepting it, as if he does not, the Tribe gets a draft pick, and while it is a little high for a pitcher of his caliber...well, it is only for one year, and if the thing implodes...easier to trade.

I guess my fear is not implosion, but regression to the mean.  The OF isn't very good; they have three CFs out there, and Stubbs really should not be out there every day.  Bourn might be healthier, but he will also be older...  Swisher should play right, and Santana should take over first, which would bolster the offense.  I suspect Gomes will regress as well; thankfully, the D is superb, so I think you can accept some decline there.  Kipnis is ok...Cabrera will be traded, Lord knows for what, and maybe Aviles can be ok out there.  Chisenhall...I wish he could hit, and if he does not...  well, the farm isn't very deep.  Looking at the offense, and the rotation being what it is, .500 is more likely than not.

Tomorrow is also Election Day, so it would behoove me to vote, though it is hard to get excited about school boards and city council.  Not that I shouldn't be excited, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home