Sunday, November 03, 2013

Film

My great plan to attend Mass yesterday, hit the family poker party afterwards, and then sleep in today was genius, except when I woke up at 7:15...and at 7:30 I gave up and roused myself.  To be sure, this does give me an extra hour to read, watch the Netflix flick, etc....but there is now this aura of uncertainty as to do waht next...one way of course is to end my blog hiatus (world series, skeeball, movie, yesterday) and write.

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/29/21222195-obama-administration-knew-millions-could-not-keep-their-health-insurance?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=2

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/republicans-obamacare-cancellation-notice-media-9147.html

I found these stories fascinating because it was the first time I recall ANYONE ever writing about the administration and its honesty issues...and now calling them on it.  It is impressive, and all of these stories about people losing their coverage...well, it;s genius, and the GOP should be creaming themselves about the opportunity...fleeting though it may be.

Friday nite I saw "Maniac" and all I can say is...look it up. It's a 1934 film, and it's...well, impressive.  I've seen "Glen or Glenda" and "Plan 9" and this was easily worse/better in comparison.  I've always had an odd fondness for these sorts of films, not sure why, but I do think they represent a part of film history that needs to be remembered, if not exactly cherished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home