Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bound

So, everybody ready for the Buckeyes in the NIT?  Ok, not yet, anyways, but...man, they have looked crappy, and yesterday was the worst.  It's funny, though, that no one is pointing fingers at Thad Matta yet; I mean, he put the team together, and for all of its defensive intensity...well, they have no inside presence, they don't penetrate well, they don't shoot FTs well...which only leaves jump shots, and if they don't fall... it is tough to win with zero, as we used to say in the soccer-watching days.  Yes, eventually it will get worked out, but...in some ways, Duke has a similar problem, in reverse; they can score on anyone, and vice-versa; they just can't stop anyone.  Jabari Parker is awesome, but he is only one man; when they had two or three guys, or a Laettner/Plumlee who could do something, it was ok; now, well, hang on to your jock straps.

I am reading Conrad's Nostromo and while it is interesting...not that interesting.  I can't get into it, which as I noted to a friend, is odd, because I've read some of his other works, and they are quite awesome to me, and I devoured them.  Nostromo isn't quite so; it's the tale of a revolution in a mythical South American country, but...it is getting there only slowly, and I guess I do not like the pacing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home