Sunday, December 22, 2013

Awake

Well, I survived...my final week of OC duty, and related troubles...anything and everything, more or less.  As you can tell, the light blogging was due to work, OC activities, and some belated and final Xmas shopping, which is now totally done.  I am off most of the next week, which I intend to spend on catching up on some sleep, even if it involves only the briefest of daily naps.  I feel beat to hell, actually.  Once you feel that way -- at my advanced age -- everything else seems to lag.  I do need to cancel OC duty in December, simply because it takes time and I don't spend it being Xmas-y.  I will admit that this week was again moderately quiet, and while some people were pains, they weren't giant ones, and by and large, they were fairly nice.  We do tend to get the "we couldn't get help anywhere else" crowd this time of year....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/12/20/ohio-judge-says-efficiency-not-good-case-for-traffic-cameras/

I love this judge; he was the one who helped push (through his decisions) concealed carry in Ohio. 

http://www.redstate.com/2013/12/19/hyper-regulated-lawlessness/

This is largely correct, as is this:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/curing-the-healthcare-crisis/201312/war-the-poor

I went to a party in Tremont yesterday, which was fun, but damn, parking there is a clusterfuck.  One of my friends likes to say the great cultural innovation of the suburbs is "acres of free and convenient parking" and I had to admit that in some cases, he is 110% correct...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home