Saturday, November 30, 2013

Sigh

So, I had a date last nite...I signed up for a test ride on an online dating site, and found some matches, one of which intrigued me...and we met.  At first, it started out well; she looked like the profile, she was funny...but as things went on, she was more and more what she had said she wasn't, and finally, the date ended, and we went our separate ways.  On the one hand, I was relieved; enough was enough; on the other...well, it's depressing; you get all dolled up and ready and raring to go, and...at the end of the nite, it barely qualifies as an entertaining evening.  Roll up the map of Europe. 

In the meantime, a full slate of college football, so a full slate of sitting around -- either here or at a friend's mansion -- watching The Game, The Iron Bowl, and maybe some Duke-UNC, which -- it still amazes me a bit to say this -- has playoff implications.  I am not making any predictions, as I was mocking a friend who is a 'Nova fan that they hadn't played anyone, and then they go out and beat Kansas, so I am for a turd sandwich....

In other news, I cleaned the house yesterday; started with one room, then the bathroom, and then I figured I may as well do it all.  It does look nice, even if half the stuff I shoved in a drawer or something.  In retrospect, my decision to start cleaning out closets was wise, as I had two bags of recyclables and two boxes of crap for the attic, and that opened some space for shoving.  This leads me to believe that starting the process in some other closet or nook of the house might yield similar dividends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home