Friday, November 22, 2013

Movements

It's funny; I felt I would have a quiet evening at home, answering email...nope, I just got done with some OC budget stuff and some emails and some thank you notes to various donors.  Now, I am tired, but not so much that I want to go to bed...odd.  Alas.

So, the Rangers were so worried about David Murphy's loss that they went out and traded for Prince Fielder.  :)  First, the Tribe.  I wasn't keen on the move, but after bpro and other outlets...well, maybe.  He isn't a bad OF, and he can hit -- at least as part of a platoon -- and the deal isn't totally onerous.  Still, there are now five OFs and Swisher has to play first.  Stubbs will be expendable, which is fine...not sure there is a market (or a return) for the guy.  Nor does this solve the rotation issues. 

As for the trade, I think I like it better for Texas than Detroit.  Fielder is at 1B, so Moreland can go to RF (to replace Murphy) or somewhere else.  If Fielder needs to DH, he can.  The Tigers...well, Cabrera goes to 1B, Kinsler to 2B, and Castellanos to 3B.  It is better defensively, but I don't think the offense adds up.  Yes, they want to resign the pitchers, and that is smart, but God forbid Kinsler collapses (old 2Bs aren't pretty) and they are running out Infante again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home