Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Branches

I ordered "Shame," the Fassbender movie about sex addiction, from Netflix...it arrived, but the disc was damaged, and I had less than half of it completed before it crapped out.  Alas, alack.  It was sort of interesting...but not that interesting, though of course it is still incomplete.  I sort of applauded myself, as I tend to binge-load the queue, so what I watch today was selected months ago.

This is not a bad thing, as I am reading The Liberty Amendments, and it is due back Thursday, so it did give me an extra hour to plow through it.  The book is interesting, but I am not sure that ALL of the solutions are the cure.  Some, like term limits and an end to the 17th Amendment, are quite wise; I am less sold on the others, like methods of overturning Supreme Court decisions.  One of the best ways to limit federal power is for the Executive Branch to not use it, or better yet, cede power back to the states.  W was as egregious about this as Obama is, so conservatives are rightly pissed about it, and it's not like Romney -- or Christie -- had any solutions, either.  Even guys like Paul and Lee and Cruz are selective in their approach, which may be fine -- provided it is a bridge to bigger and better things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home