Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thud

I realize that this is anathema, but the end of the filibuster in some certain situations isn't that bad of a thing; I mean, it should happen, as judges -- like them or not -- should NOT be confirmed just because.  Now, if the Judiciary Committee had brains, they could go all apeshit on appointees, but brains are short in the GOP now, so...  plus, you can just filibuster everything else, and, well, I think Rand and Mike Lee would be most entertaining.

Florida losing to Georgia Southern...odd.  Remember a few years ago, when Wil Muschamp was THE guy at Texas, once Mack Brown left?  And then he decided to set up shop at Florida, which was a plum job, stacked with talent?  And now..well, Mack Brown, for all his faults, has had a much better season.  Florida has had injuries, but to get literally run over...well, not good.  The price for Ed Orgeron just went up, though I think he would be crazy to leave USC.  I would also like to note that Duke -- with a win -- will take The Rapists in the ACC Championship game.  My love for Coach K can be expanded to the football team, I assure you.

So, among the other duties I have had is to collate data for our new food bank coordinator; we are trying to use our purchasing power to get a better partnership with the Greater Cleveland Food Bank.  This is good, but our new center manager needs all sorts of stuff -- money spent, food deliveries, etc.  The CFB website is buttsex, so I had to recreate a lot of the stuff myself.  I had asked our food person to send out the info I didn't have.  I sent a budget update to her today, and not only did she completely misread that email, she revealed she hadn't sent out the info...and didn't know if she had to.  It was a true "thunk" moment, and it is not exactly sitting well now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home