Thursday, November 28, 2013

Bird

So, I am sitting here, trying to figure out if I should join the boys or not for the traditional T-day fest...when I remembered I hadn't blogged -- busybody activities and the usual, to say nothing of Duke last nite.  So here we are.

It's funny; I couldn't look at another morsel of food tonite, and my Mom -- I drove her home -- was all hungry and ready for dinner; I almost went to Cracker Barrel or somewhere just to get her something.  To be sure, I think I pigged out more during the day -- I had a light breakfast and dinner was at 1:30, so well past lunch, but... odd. 

The Spirit of Democratic Capitalism is going slowly...mainly because it is 400 pages in eight-point font, and also because it is packed with interesting facts and commentary; much like the corn stuffing, you really want to pound down as much as you can, but you also have to savor what is on the plate.  It is impressive but sad in that not much has changed, as evinced by the Pope's latest commentary; he is right to criticize excessive wealth, but that is a symptom of a healthy economy, and in this country -- where a large majority of people simply have lives of abundance (on a global basis of comparison), you'd think he would be encouraging everyone else to follow our lead.  Alas, alack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home