Sunday, December 08, 2013

Holidaze

I have to admit, I wasn't particularly surprised to see OSU lay an egg yesterday, and while it does suck...well, it gives them a slightly more winnable game.  Clemson is good, but after what FSU did to them in Death Valley...well, rah.  I'd like to think OSU will have a slightly smarter game plan, though if that was what they had to handle MSU...oops.

I got a kick out of all of the articles going around discussing the lack of Tribe activity in the offseason.  To be sure, it happened last year, and we did sign David Murphy.  The problem of course is that everyone else in the division seems to be improving, and we are not, and given that there are a half-dozen holes in the pitching staff, to which it seems internal candidates only need apply...well, you can see how people are getting a little antsy.  I suspect that Carlos Santana will see absolutely NO action at 3rd base, not that Chisenhall will get a burst, but that Carlos will be Hafner-esque and then they'll decide that they have had enough of that. 

I am still waiting on Xmas gift ideas for people, but I think I may have to clamp down and start shopping/collecting gift cards/planning out the budget.  Every year I say I am spending less, and this time I mean it, and while it prolly will NOT happen this year, there is always hope.  To be sure, I was a little aggressive with the parish gift card program, so that will be some time/idea saving, but the rest are going to befuddle me for a few days.  I sometimes everyone would just give me money, so I could simply pay off the bills accumulated and maybe treat myself to something, but that is an Xmas wish that will NEVER come true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home