Friday, December 13, 2013

The recoil

It really says something that my big Friday nite is updating the blog.  For one, I was busy every nite this week; often spectacularly so, with social justice and work and other important events.  Today I took the day off of work and...dropped the cookies I baked for the Church sale Wednesday, bought kielbasa, did 3/4 of the holiday shopping, went to Mom's for a few chores, went to church to get the food delivery, took it to the OC, came home, made a jello...and watched "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels" because I had a hankering.  And now it is 11, off to bed -- the weekend is as busy as the week -- and I can write.

I was almost at the breaking point Wednesday, for a bunch of reasons, and then I got an email from a close and dear college friend; his stepfather had passed away (suddenly), and it was sad, not only for the time, but because he was young and was a good guy and was good to everyone in my friend's life...and needless to say, I felt like a shitbag, because my depths weren't that deep at the time.  Funny thing, sometimes.

One unpleasant residue of the awful week is the accumulation of email...messages I should have answered are at the bottom of the pile, new ones come in, they get triaged, and my inbox looks like a grocery store receipt.  Oi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home