Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Feeling Randy

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/02/07/rand-paul-keeps-attacking-bill-clinton-why/

I suspect this is one of the MAIN reasons why Rand WILL be the GOP nominee in 2016; for one thing, he is a different kind of Republican.  For another, a certain segment of the base likes him, but another does not, and this is one way to attract that base.  Third...say what you want, but it IS a bit hypocritical for the Dems to claim "War on Women" when Bill and his...issues -- remember the Bimbo Explosions -- are running about.  Rand is calling them out on it, and as evinced to what he did with McCaskill, it sort of works.

All together now....duh.....
http://www.slate.com/articles/life/food/2014/02/food_deserts_and_fresh_food_access_aren_t_the_problem_poverty_not_obesity.2.html

I think the big news has been the Sam story....I don't think anyone really knows what will happen...I suspect he gets drafted Day 2, and then it is a crapshoot.  One thing I was thinking is how, in general, sports are fairly conservative places.  I mean, not in the sense that locker rooms will erupt if a gay man walks into them, but in that...well, change and evolution don't happen overnite (if you read the NFL draft evaluators on cnnsi, you will see what I mean).  Hence, I can see the hesitance about putting Sam on a roster, not because of homophobia, but simply because the whole experience is beyond the pale; sort of like how Dick Stuart hit some ungodly number of HRs in the low minors in Texas or New Mexico or somewhere; I think the number was 70 or so, when no one hit 40.  The number was a hindrance, as no one could quantify it.  Similarly, I can see NFL guys saying "what if he doesn't work out?" and NOT because of the homosexuality, but you'll be castigated for cutting him...so you just avoid him in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home