Sunday, December 28, 2014

Liberty

So, I cleaned the car a bit today; I ran a rag over the dash and the other surfaces.  Good Lord, I think I could gain a mile an hour in fuel efficiency.   I really need to do this sort of thing more often, obviously, and maybe even dust other rooms of the house more as well.  It is work and time...which I have not had much of lately.

I did have time to watch two more entries on the Film Registry..."Sweet Smell of Success," a 1957 film noir with Lancaster and Curtis (fairly good, actually) and "St. Louis Blues" (the 1929 version) starring Bessie Smith.  It was funny; the opening scene...I think I have seen the set -- hallway of apartment building, stairway up, etc., 50 times in a bunch of other films.  That film was interesting because of its all-black cast and it being the only known recording of her voice in a film.  I liked them both, so I could not complain.  Actually, I need to go back to my trend of watching a short a day, just to get some off the list (I do love progress, of any kind).

I didn't have Mom duty today; some of it is the fact that I have a ton of leftovers, some of it is the fact that her pinched nerve in her back is getting better only with rest, and some of it is the fact that we have been grating on each other, and she thought a bit of distance would work.  I hate to say it...but the thought crossed my mind, and while she is not right, nor is she wrong... I would prefer another solution, but this may work as well as any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home