Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Rushes

I am bemused by the whole Scalise story...I for one do not think he will be losing his job.  First, the Grimm situation was the needed scalp, and the rest...well, it is Louisiana.   A more practical reason is that the GOP had to undergo some...well, shuffling of chairs, if you will, to get him the role in the first place as an acceptable compromise candidate.  I don't think anyone -- especially Boehner -- wants to go through that ordeal again, especially with an even more conservative house.

I was on a mini fest of film watching lately -- a couple of shorts over the weekend, and two in the past two days.  "David Holzman's Diary" was yesterday, and it was...interesting.  Yes, and we will leave it at that.  :)  "The Asphalt Jungle" was today, and I think I preferred it, being a film noir piece that was quite good, and, in all honesty...well, not too complex, plot-wise; I mean, I think a lot of people imagine "The Big Sleep" or any of those films, which have a lot of twists and turns; but "Asphalt Jungle" was fairly straight-forward; a heist goes wrong and everyone gets punished -- in one way or another.  The count is up to 224, FWIW (of 650) and I suspect that all this time watching movies is simply taking time from reading the many good books I have laying around now.  Alas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home