Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Fatigue

I really can't wait for this week to end; ideally, I should get my project in tomorrow, which will help.  But, the heat, the humidity, sleep issues, work stresses...it has been a challenge.  We had the company cookout today at work, which was fine, but a chore of sorts, as I had to get the grill and take it back, and help clean it...so I stayed til 6:30 just to get a full and uninterrupted hour of work in.  Oi. I also skipped the gym due to a general sense of just wanting to be done, and that was prolly a mistake...not that the body doesn't need some rest.

  http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/cancelled-lsu-game-could-hurt-playoff-chances/ar-AAe2uQn

Really?  Really?  I mean, I understand the optics here, but a game against an FCS school they would win 63-6 is going to hurt then?  I guess stories like this make me feel better that the Big Ten is dropping those schools from the schedules.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/technologyinvesting/restaurant-of-the-future-service-with-an-impersonal-touch/ar-AAe4n9D

How shall I say this?  I don't think it is wholly coincidental the place opened in SF...and, if you think about it, it is a rational decision, given the push for wage hikes (equipment is a fixed cost in many ways).  Again, I don't think this is a totally bad thing, getting rid of crap jobs, but...when you get rid of jobs in general, and you don't have replacements...oops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home