Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Moves

I was reflecting on the debate, and there were two strategies in play -- Cruz trying the GOP candidate to win the primary election, while Rubio was trying to be the guy for the general election.  I prefer the latter course, obviously -- Rubio on his worst day is 100 times better than Hillary, of course -- but I can why Cruz would go for the other; the problem is that I am not sure he (and especially he) can swing back in time.

The Tribe, sick of collecting crappy fifth outfielders, went out and got themselves a fourth OF.  Rajai Davis.  I actually like the deal -- he can play everywhere, just enough power to get by in a corner for a bit, just enough range and speed to play CF (albeit not every day).  I suspect the plan is play him in LF til Brantley returns, at which case he can swing/play CF if Almonte fails and RF if Chisenhall doesn't work.  They could have done worse.

The other move -- Napoli -- I am not sold on, though for enough money (by which I mean, not much) it could work.  I mean, he looked done last year...maybe he bounces back.  If the season is going well, excellent, if not, off he goes for an A reliever with a sore arm and salary relief.  He is right-handed -- unless the Ivy Leaguers in the front office failed to notice -- which is nice for balance.  He can DH and play 1B (Santana, ahem) and while I do not think the Tribe would put him in LF like the Rangers did, they could...though it would be funny as hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home