Monday, June 27, 2016

Back

Well, this time, I have an excuse -- my laptop's hard drive died and it needed a replacement.  So here we are -- new drive, rah.  I have to admit, this is quite costly...and it's been a week for spending.  I bought a new fridge (the old one was 35 years old so this was in the budget), a new phone charger, this, office set of files for the new laptop (the new overlords won't front for it) and here we are.  I have not been able to figure out how to update the bookmarks (I have 300 or so!) so now I am going through and either manually doing it or cutting them altogether -- I suspect this will enable me to find something to do over the long weekend, if nothing else.  :)

The Tribe is rampaging...I was at the game Monday, and a visitor from out of town told me that I -- as with other people -- were too hard on the Tribe.  In light of the win streak, maybe, but...I don't know.  Rajai Davis is still the best OF on the team, which speaks volumes.  Naquin has been ok, but he is young.  Napoli/Santana are...ok; I mean, Napoli has had hits when needed, but neither of them are on fire.  Ramirez is a utility guy at 3B; Uribe is playing like a 38-year-old.  Chisenhall has been not lately but Gomes has been a vortex of suck.  The pitching -- especially lately -- has been outworldly, which is what people expected.  Not sure it will continue...I mean, we all hope it does, and with the relievers being solid, even better, but you can't win 3-1 all the time.  I have to admit, though, never though I'd see the day when the Tribe used Verlander for batting practice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home