Monday, May 23, 2016

Fun

So, anyone think that Cody Anderson would have lasted seven innings tonight...much less good ones? Nope, me neither.  Impressive; sucked about the first game, but...at least the Tribe is hitting, more than they did in Boston...which, if you think about it, would have been a good sign, taking two of three.  Alas.

I read Deliverance yesterday -- it took me a day to do it...really, wasn't that long, and...well, it was..good.  I mean, I knew what happened, but the book..started out quite differently, a good pace, and then the story...well, it was tautly written.  I mean, passages of it -- well, I am just saying that I read the book because it was on the list and I soon realized it was...well, worth reading on its own.  I am glad I did.  Lord of the Flies is next, I think; I've read it, it's been a while, but I think I remember enough, so I am passing it.  A Graham Greene novel is next, but as I have a full shelf...I will wait a bit before I place the order.

Watched "Laura" Sunday...good.  Film noir, 1944...well-acted, interesting story, 85 minutes..I sort of like them, you have to really watch, as the camera work often betrays...faces, if you will.

Went to Northfield Park Saturday; the Battle of Lake Erie was there, and the horse that won the Jug was running...and won; it had the rail.  As my dad used to say, there was two minutes of looking at assholes for the other horses, which was exactly how it went.  I broke even with ALL expenses (I won two races early) but the best part was that I...really enjoyed myself, just getting away, seeing the ponies, and doing adult stuff, if you will.  Not saying I will do this every weekend, but...

I also -- due to some intensive walking -- hit 20K on steps Saturday and Sunday.  I am feeling it today..but I guess it was worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home