Thursday, April 28, 2016

Length

I missed blogging yesterday -- had dinner with some friends, got home late, and wanted to watch a film on the list..."Don't Look Back," the Dylan concert film/behind the scenes look.  It was ok; had I been a Dylan fan, I would have loved it, but to me, he is just another guy, and, well, alas.  I watched another one tonight -- "Dog Star Man" -- an avant-garde film that was...well, words cannot describe its awesomeness, if you get my drift.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/topstocks/chorizo-chipotle-just-doesnt-get-it/ar-BBsnhpm?li=BBnbfcN

I wonder how much of their problems are also caused by the cost of the food; I went there today (I had a coupon for free chips) and while my chicken salad was $6.50...you can get some more expensive stuff there, and, I'd like to note, many of the people in line did....but they also looked to be my age, which would assume that they could pay for it...the Millennials, not so much.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2016/04/28/at-virginia-home-of-president-monroe-a-sizable-revision-of-history/?wpmm=1&wpisrc=nl_headlines

Not sure why, but this amused the hell out of me.

I found the latest Tribe moves to be...intelligent.  Anderson gets to go down and work on his delivery issues, while Kyle Crockett gets a chance to hang out for a bit and the second lefty (I suspect he should be the first, but Terry loves those veterans); the move paid off last night, I think, as they brought in a new arm, rather than another look at Ross.  I am quite done with McAllister in high-leverage roles for now, and with Shaw having found something, all the better..  Another thing; Naquin is starting to hit and get more ABs, which is good.  They're playing him, for one, and he is responding.  If only the rotation could put together a string of good starts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home