Monday, March 28, 2016

Back in the saddle

Well, I'm back.  Some of you may have guessed I went on vacation -- FL to see Favorite Niece play softball...they went 9-1, she did ok; I had a fun time, got some sun, hung out, and chilled.  Work has been shitty; last week was the pits; this week, less so, but still unpleasant.  Also basketball, which has filled my nights.

But, we're back (I still have oranges and some cheap/bulk booze from FL, as well as an itchy scalp, caused by God knows what; annoying, immensely so, but I hope not...fatal).

Tribe talk (my favorite, of course).  Chisenhall news was sad but...well, if he is hurt, so be it.  I am surprised Naquin is on the roster; not that he didn't deserve it but we all know how they are about service time nowadays.  Anyways, it appears that Marlon Byrd will be out there (LF, I hope), given the fondness for veterans and the well, unappetizing alternatives (at work, we did snark that Swisher is available, and he is technically paid for, by us, to boot)...might not be the worst thing.

The bullpen fascinates me.  The first four I see.  Joba...yeah, sure.  The interesting thing to me is that you will have only ONE lefty.one, why only one (what if need to neutralize Ortiz twice).  I mean, given the Francona fondness for matchups and machinations and whatnot...do we really want to see 100 batters of Detwiler?  Maybe, but given the choice between Otero and, say, Crockett...well, I prefer the latter.  The other thing of course is that given the calendar, you won't need a fifth starter, and given that Anderson has options, you could send him down and pull up an extra arm (unless you want it to be Cody, which is fine, but again, one lefty)...

One thing I do NOT want to see is Lindor leading MLB in sacrifices.  Which means we will see exactly that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home