Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Skeptics abound!

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2016-02-12/school-choice-lotteries-fail-to-make-a-difference

I think is one of the main problems with school choice/vouchers; there isn't enough evidence that it works across the board.  I mean, I realize there are some charter schools that are highly rated, but not ALL of them are, and it is a little troubling to this conservative that we are willing to throw money at them, ready or not, simply because we can.  I agree that yes, choice is good, and -- I have said this before -- much of the impetus to improve public schools has been caused by competition (which is always good!), but it doesn't mean we need to throw the money around like a rainmaker.

So, PECOTA at baseballprospectus has the Tribe at 92 wins and the Royals at 76.  Like many, I doubt both, mainly because I don't think the Tribe's offense will be good as advertised.  Urshela still can't hit.  Lindor will regress, and I suspect Chisenhall will as well.  No one really knows when Brantley will be back.  I am skeptical of Napoli.  I think Davis and Gomes will be as good/better, but that's still not quite enough.  The rotation should be decent; the top three are solid, and I'd like to think that Tomlin/Bauer will make do.  The pen could be worrisome, given the workloads.  We also don't really have a LOOGY, not that that is a huge problem, but given the way Terry runs things, he will need at least two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home