Thursday, February 04, 2016

No rest

Been a busy week so far...PQ last night (second), and work has been a zoo; our company's founder decided it was time to sell, and he did...while I am not expecting major changes (or a permanent vacation without pay), there will be some changes...and this week has been a series of meetings detailing all of what is going on.  Some of this is good -- more information about OUR sales, profitability, etc.,; on the other hand, I've done actual work about half of the week.  Oi.

I also note that today we had a company potluck, and let's just say I've been feeling it.  I didn't hit the gym for the third day today, and I am feeling that (on the inside).  To be sure, I have been running and been busy, but...this business is going to come an end and we are hitting the weights tomorrow.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-02-04/the-great-gop-realignment

I think this is exactly what is going on...

I also note that I watched the 400th film on the list -- "The Endless Summer," the surfing film of the 1960s.  Interesting, even if it was just teenagers riding around on waves.  I also note that the film is 50 years old...in some ways, it didn't seem it.  Also started a book on Vienna during WWI; the chapter on food shortages fascinates (Supply problems always do), mainly because, as with so much else about the war, no one expected to go on as long as it did (ok, a few exceptions) and thus everything that happened later was a result of this gross miscalculation.  The phrase about deck chairs on the Titanic comes to mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home