Saturday, January 09, 2016

Ennui

You know, I really didn't have much to do today -- trip to the gym, shopping with Mom -- and now my evening plans are canceled, and honestly...I am pleased.  I can rest, read, maybe clean some segment of the house...awesome.  I've figured I've averaged less than six hours of sleep the past few days, so the prospect of getting seven or eight is pleasant, to say the least.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/01/08/texas_governor_greg_abbott_calls_for_constitutional_convention.html

There has been a lot of stuff about this, and while some of them are a little out there...I think we tend to forget that for most of our nation's history...I, III, IV, and VII were, if not exactly codified...the way things were.  I suspect, of course, that what rankles people is the rise of administrative law and the administrative state, which is a court in and of itself, and one without appeal...to say nothing of the vast mechanism of overpaid-yet-unelected staffers..which would go a slight way making II a reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home