Sunday, December 27, 2015

Spotlight

As many of you know, I got a Fitbit for Xmas.  In some ways, it is good, given my new found ardor for exercise (not hitting 10,000 steps today, though).  On the other hand, it is bad, as now I will be obsessing MORE about exercise and such.  Went to the gym yesterday and added some cardio -- read a book while walking on the treadmill.  Given my disdain for running, I think it is the ideal approach -- more exercise, just enough, and more importantly, I can read as well.  As I got about 2,000 pages for Xmas...we will need to.

Took Mom to see "Spotlight" today.  It was good; I wouldn't say it was the most exciting of films, but it did tell a story, and like several other commenters noted, it is a paean to journalism as it was.  Some of the early 2000s notes -- such as the addition of a URL to the end of an article -- were poignant but also pointed to the future, for better or worse.  The movie, though, did point out one inconvenient truth:  a lot of people knew what was going on out there, but no one stepped in to try and stop it.

As for Mom...she was better than her usual movie self, though she did say she needed a little tape recorder so she could remember all her questions.  Funny; I had mentioned the flick to her a couple of weeks ago, didn't want to go...now she wanted to.  Oi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home