Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Hmmm

Finally got the OC budget out, which should be lovely, given the fact that we need to scale back our spending (or boost revenues, which is unlikely) and people are hemming and hawing about it already...I do not like it, of course, but, as I pointed out, we have a budget and cannot go around it, so...alas.  I know we have a silent majority, but the next few days are going to be,,,charming.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/01/20/john_kasich_s_new_hampshire_surge_is_good_news_for_donald_trump_ted_cruz.html

How shall I say this....I don't think it is good for either one if Kasich wins; I mean, for what it's worth, Kasich is the Establishment in the race as much as Christie or Rubio.  All three of them are not perfect conservatives -- Kasich and Medicaid, Rubio on immigration, for instance -- but there is a calculation to be made that any of them are more electable than Trump or Cruz.  Rubio has obvious advantages, but I wonder if his long game approach might be hurting him; you just can't creep along in third place the entire time.  Give Kasich credit; he goes home if doesn't win (or at least claim one) in the Granite state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home