Sunday, January 10, 2016

Rest

Well, winter is back with a bang, isn't it?  To be sure, we cannot complain, given the weeks of basically extra spring.  It seems windy but not THAT snowy, so let us hope it continues just like that.

My evening plans were canceled, so I ended up staying in...I went to Mass at 5, so I awoke at...almost nine.  Whoa.  I mean, for me, that's an eternity; I think I got nine hours, and aside from the equilibrium of my Sunday being off...I do have a certain good feeling about this, for now.

Finished up the Paine book and started Paths of Glory:  The French Army, 1914-1918 today.  I cannot wait for the sequel, paths of surrender,,,snark.  Yes, I added this book to the list in 2014 for the centennial, and as you can see, I have so much to read...well, I get the feeling if I went after the lists and such exclusively, I could finish one...

Speaking of, I am 387 on the NFR...watched "Alien" yesterday.  Yes, I know...it was really good.  Not that bloody, sort of like Halloween in that there was much less in the early iterations, I thought.  More seriously...it was good.  Cool set, plot twists I didn't get, taut story.  I probably should concentrate on more flicks, but for now...I will get some reading in, if possible...and a certain TV show tonight.  Of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home