Friday, February 26, 2016

Break

Well, that was some interesting news regarding Almonte today.  First, it is dumb, given that he was a lock, of sorts, for the CF job.  Now, Rajai Davis moves into the role.  Second, you have to wonder if the Tribe knew this going in...I mean, the collection of crappy fifth OFs (they signed one today who is only sort of, Venable) seemed excessive for one spot.  Now, of course, there are two slots in play, and as we really don't know when Brantley will come back, there could be plenty of opportunities for someone to collect MLB paychecks, a not-unimportant consideration.  Davis had better hit, or else...yet another long April in C-town.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/ozzie-smith-baffled-by-current-hitters-approach-to-shifts/ar-BBpY0Wc

I agree; you'd think after a while players, if not organizations, would start teaching guys to hit away from the shift.  You sacrifice power, of course, but there is nothing wrong with singles the opposite way, especially given the mantra of on-base percentage.

The week is over -- thank God -- but I do have work at home to handle, a pile of movies from Netflix and the library to watch, and not enough time for either.  I've been getting plenty of exercise, if nothing else...today I hit the gym in the AM (I had post-work errands) and it was a completely different feel -- people, workouts, etc.,; not much competition for the machines, and as I suspect I am fresher in the AM, I certainly found myself pushing a bit in the weight category..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home