Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Unraveling

All I can say is, for the next week or so...I just need to survive.  Work is crappy, my health is erratic, stress is affecting my blood sugars, the brakes on the Behemoth were making a grinding sound...all of this stuff will get settled one way or the other, of course, and in the end, things will be...ok (albeit just ok), but for now...as I say, sometimes life is to be lived, and sometimes, life is to be endured.  Now, we endure.

http://nrn.com/technology/equipping-back-house-save-labor?page=1


I suspect you will see more of this as the debate over the minimum wage rises.  I do not think it is necessarily a bad thing -- one can say that these jobs are those we should automate if possible -- but the problem of course is that as we have fewer jobs (and fewer entry jobs) it is going to make it harder to get minimum wage jobs, so such issues as youth and urban unemployment will...well, if not fall, become more or less stagnant.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickgleason/2016/02/28/act10/#7562fa2c50f9

As we say in the Fun Run bunch...imagine that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home