Monday, April 25, 2016

Two in a row...

I think Carrasco being out six weeks is...well, optimistic, though I hope not.  At least he doesn't require surgery.  In the meantime, Bauer moves back to the rotation -- which he deserved -- and Anderson gets a chance to work out his stuff in the majors.  Brantley is back, which -- sadly -- means less time for Naquin.  Much like the best place for a young starter is long relief, there are WORSE jobs than a righty platoon and the PR/DS for Marlon Byrd, but, that said, he still needs more time to develop/see what he can do.

Good day at the gym today; got steps in, used the 50-lb barbell for all of the workouts, plenty of cardio.  I printed out some stuff about exercises you should do every day, and I think -- before I hit the sack -- it would behoove me to do a few of them.  Tomorrow is leg day, which is...well, not my favorite, to put it mildly.  I've decided that I can eat a little healthier (I've been piling on lettuce lately, for one) and some extra exercise is also prudent.

A friend of mine suggested I'd like the Inspector Morse series of novels/episodes, and..I sort of do.  I've read seven of the thirteen books in the series (there are short stories, may find them), and while I do not think we need to replace Sherlock Holmes, they are..interestingly written, and Morse is a...human detective.  Sort of Matt-like in his curmudgeonly way, which adds to the Mattmusement.  It is not like I have other books or movies to watch, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home