Friday, May 27, 2016

Advances

I came this close to putting the AC on today; I guess I will have to crack and do it tomorrow.  Alas.  The biggest crack of the day, honestly, was when I came upon a fawn in my pachysandra while weed-whacking; I was not expecting Baby Bambi snoozing there, but it was sort of cute to see...

I decided to catch up on some film action and watch some shorts...well, two so far (I am also reading); one was "The House I Live In," Sinatra's 1945 tolerance PR piece, and "The House in the Middle," which warned of the dangers of not keeping up your house by subjecting houses to atomic explosions... I have to admit, I thought it was an ad for a paint company, and sure enough, it was...the thought also crossed my mind that these paints were prolly lead-based, which have caused an explosion of their own...

Speaking of explosions, Francona sent out McAllister to pitch and he got rocked; honestly, he is not the same this year; he's a one-trick pony (I've said this before) and now this trick isn't particularly effective.  There is NO way he should be in any remotely close game; Manship (who is suffering from a case of regression, nothing else) is the better choice...I know with Joba out the middle guys are in flux, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home