Saturday, July 02, 2016

Streaking

Yeah, yeah...Mr. Never Blogs is back. Work has been a little tempestuous, watching the Tribe, and general activity...

The Tribe has been impressive, particularly yesterday; I watched every minute of that game, and...well, I thought they deserved to lose that game a bunch of times, like the 16th and the 18th, when they couldn't beat a reliever...kudos to Bauer for his duty; I think you cannot stress, if you will, the effort needed to start and the need -- for five innings -- to hold the fort in do-or-die time.  Back to the team itself...I seem to recall stressing the need to NOT trade a starter, and so far...I think that strategy is working out.  In the meantime, the Tribe had to add pitcher to cover today and DFAed Martinez...sad but doable (though honestly, I would have thought McAllister had less value to the team than the utility utility guy)...until today when Uribe had to leave.  That is ONE problem (of many) with the 58-reliever roster, you can't make a move and worse, you can't really rest a guy unless you have to.

I put about 20 minutes of cardio in yesterday watching the game, so I bumped up today's to 17.5 (on leg day).  I don't think an extra two minutes of cardio a day will really achieve anything, but I do get some reading done, and it doesn't hurt...

Got a new fridge; the old was 34 years old, and was well past prime...leaking water, not closing, and being winsome.  The new one is quieter and offers the promise of enhanced energy efficiency, though summer - particularly the hot spells - might not be the time for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home