Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Listing

Well, Christmas came and went... it was odd; I had one fewer godchild to visit, so I actually had time to be home by myself...started by listening to the CDs I got and reading one of the books I got -- SPQR by Mary Jacobs, which is quite interesting and thus enjoyable.

One thing I have noticed is that I sort of have a cold, and my body is not used to the diet of ham, kielbasa, and other goodies that I have been eating, because...well, let's just say I am putting the newly installed toilet to work.  Mom and I agreed to buy slightly less, so there are fewer leftovers than usual, which is good... but I think for another couple of days it will not be a happy fun time.  Delicious but..phew.

I watched "Sky High" yesterday -- silent film from the 20s starring Tom Mix... I liked it; I mean, it was both interesting that his character was an "Immigration Inspector" along the Grand Canyon and well, interesting that he was charged with preventing "Chinamen" from entering the US.  Ok, I wasn't surprised by this, of course, but nowadays...the shit would hit the fan.  Anyways, the film was good -- the plot was a little much but the action scenes were exciting on their own (I believe he did most/all of his stunts, which was impressive).  I am up to 599 or 605 on the list, because...

https://www.loc.gov/item/prn-17-178/
I've seen six of them -- "Ace in the Hole," (an interesting choice with the debate about the role of the media; that said, Douglas steals the show here) "Die Hard,""Field of Dreams," "Gentleman's Agreement," (Peck's character is pretty interesting, and the time and subject is...well, remarkable), and "Spartacus."  I have seen, I think, enough of "Titanic" to merit a checkoff, but I have not seen it all the way through; given its glowing review on Vox, I think that is indicative...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home