Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Feeling Low

 Nothing like waking up (after crashing, sort of) with an attack of low blood sugar (to say nothing of my sleep issues).  Anyways, may as well blog...  I was engrossed by the Tribe; kudos for Naylor in homering off a lefty, and one who has a sidearm delivery, to boot. Odd decision by Francona to stick with Pleasac.... ok; he was trying to get some innings out of the starter after 6.1 IP from the pen yesterday.  That I get, and with Bieber not going 5 the day before...but, Plesac had been cruising for a bit until he wasn't.  At least the new and improved Bryan Shaw held them in the 8th; I realize he is not the old one, but I still get pangs of anxiety....

Bill Whitaker was...decent as a J! host.  Aside from the comedy of a "60 Minutes" host proclaiming anything about journalism integrity and ethics, I thought he was...fine? Competent?  Seemed to be excited to be on the show?  In the meantime, it's the Tournament of Champions!  Harder questions, for one, and of course, the excitement of moving on.  Having been there...let's just say that one is quite conscious of the "survive and advance" mentality; yes, it's not like March Madness in that you don't have to win to move on, but, I would argue the games are more a battle of top seeds (unless you are the Big Ten), than the usual David beats Goliath affair.

Monday I took one of the 29 days of vacation and had errands day; funny, I ended up sleeping in (prolly needed to) and then felt ashamed by my lack of discipline.  But then it was off to the gym, library, grocery store, hardware store, lab for bloodwork, two bank... and then to Mitchell's for some ice cream (low blood sugar, I treated myself, sue me)...and it was an eight-hour day, just about.  I also cleaned the bathroom and swept all the floors.  This was on top of two hours plus of wood sawing in the basement and a short hour today...  such domesticity.

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-reports-zero-deaths-3-months-after-biden-called-its-reopening-plan-neanderthal-thinking-1591956

Imagine that....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home