Sunday, May 16, 2021

Labors

 So, I had a sort-of interesting morning.  All was fine, until I realized I had locked myself out of the house -- my keys were in the door on the inside, and I closed it while getting my stuff ready for church.  Ok...so, I texted my sister to ask her to meet me at the hovel with her set of my house keys, and then off to church. While I was making my Communion rounds, I heard a clinking sound.  First I thought it was my watch on the ciborium, but no, the sound was lower.. I guess I didn't pry as deeply into my pockets as I should have, and there were the keys.  My very own Ascension miracle!

In other news, I finally manned up and cut some of the wood pile in the basement.  I was at for nearly three hours, and one of the piles is almost gone.  Translation:  it's a lot of work. Got better as I went on; the circular saw really isn;t working, so the wood/concrete one is doing the trick.  I have to clamp down every sheet before cutting (which takes time) and the pieces have to be small for the garbage collection (which also takes time).  But I have a general idea what to do, and a basic plan -- smaller sticks first, then the intact shelf frame, then the rest.  Ideally I would like to re-create the bench in the shop that was there (didn't realize it could be taken apart) and then in theory I can start putting humpty dumpty back together. An hour (or more) a day for a while is the general plan.

Speaking of Humpty Dumpty, there goes the Tribe, losing three in a row to the not-so-good Mariners, especially troubling because two of the losses were against the top of the staff.  (Left unsaid is the perpetual Tristan McKenzie audition for the bullpen.)  At least the offense is sort-of, slowly, startimg to come along, though obviously not enough.

https://www.outkick.com/oklahoma-governor-fires-back-grills-meat-under-peta-billboard/

This is hilarious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home