Thursday, May 20, 2021

Wakey wakey

 So....had a fun night; met my friend Kim (from college) and her daughters at Geraci's in Pepper Pike. It was good - baked lasagna for me -- and it was good to see the children again.  The only problem, of course, was my blood sugar surged... which I solved by insulin and then leg day at the gym.  I thought I had hit the sweet spot, but obviously not, as I am not awaiting the return of blood sugar from low to a normal level. Oi.

https://lawliberty.org/taking-ownership-of-congressional-leadership/

Interesting.  Certainly hadn't thought of this in this way...

https://www.vox.com/2021/5/18/22440256/brett-kavanaugh-supreme-court-edwards-vannoy-abortion-criminal-justice-constitution-stare-decisis

I get a kick out of these things; I mean, if the law was decided wrongly, then don't we have a moral and legal responsibility to make it correct?  Certainly, a progressive would argue that that is so, and I fail to see why when conservatives do it it is a constitutional crisis, aside from the fact that they don't like the results.  Slavery was a settled result, and here I am, cutting my own grass,as I like to say.

I have to admit, the spot of house-cleaning I did a couple of days ago has made the place look and seem nicer; I should prolly return to the kitchen and do some rearranging to make it even better, come to think of it.  I de-cluttered some stuff in the bedroom, too, which made the floor seem bigger, imagine that. No wood-chopping today, which is seeming like an endless project, even if I know there is progress, ever so slight.

For the record, I think Buzzy Cohen is doing a fine job as host of the TOC, and I think actually that having former contestants is the best way to go going forward.  Much as we love certainty... well, those guys certainly have the cred, if you will, to pull it off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home