Monday, April 25, 2022

Catching Up

 Probably should have blogged this weekend, but did not... caught up on a lot of stuff. Emptied the email inbox, for one (a temporary victory, but I feel better, damn it).  Picked up some stuff around the house.  Caught up on some work.  Ate out twice thanx to the pile of gift cards... hard to believe that a CFA combo meal (upgraded to a shake) costs $11 nowadays.  I mean, it's good, but it's not quite worth $11.  I finished off a Cracker Barrel gift card (yes, I know it is not real food, but I do love the chicken and dumplings!) and that was about the same cost...  I know, I know, inflation...but still.  I can see how people are slowly getting pissed about this.

Busy day at the food pantry Saturday... funny; the co-manager for the month was of the opinion that we would not be that busy... I was of the opinion, that, after the off weekend for Easter, people would be there in droves.  As it turned out, I was closer to correct -- 112 clients, and a lot of them came in the same car, so we were really cleaned out at times.  On the other hand, we gave away a lot of clothes, all of the produce we had (which was not a lot), cleaned out several freezers, and even got rid of some of the "excess" peanut butter and jelly on the shelves.  We even -- some of the co-managers -- discussed that maybe it will be the time to start letting people back into the pantry.  No one, of course, thought that this was the time, but... some day, we will need to have this discussion in all seriousness.

I have been listening to the "Man in the Window" podcast about the Golden State Killer on Wonderly... while it is interesting, the whole time I keep coming back to "if this guy isn't a poster child for the death penalty, I don't know who is."  I guess I can see preventing the witnesses from having to testify, but... some people in life deserve a hanging, you know.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-best-question-during-todays-school-prayer-arguments-came-from-%e2%80%a6-brett-kavanaugh/ar-AAWAgEl?li=BBnb7Kz

I think Kavanaugh is spot on here...now, I think the article is correct in asserting that the best way to deal with it to prevent it from happening in general, but I also think there is something to be said for letting the kids lead it and the coaches staying as far away as possible...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home