Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Drawing Til You Fill

 It was TV night (Dr. Pimple Popper) and in addition, I watched "Richard Pryor: Live in Concert," bringing me to 792 on the NFR...  It was...interesting?  Ok, it was largely funny.  In some ways, he reminded me of Dave Chapelle, with his humor (especially when he made fun of white people; as I said of Jonathan Larson, Chapelle obviously didn't adapt Pryor, he copied him).  Speaking of, in this day and age, I was surprised the thing made the National Film Registry, given its...language and subject matter, if you get my drift.

I also listened to the Baker Mayfield podcast.  It was mildly interesting; I had forgotten about his college football journeys -- playing a TTU, walking on at Oklahoma -- so that was cool to hear, as well as some of his insights about being motivated to play.  On the other hand, there was a general lack of tea spilled about the end of his Browns career, and that was why I was listening...

A series of podcasts that I have been listening to is the "Presidential" series on Apple; basically, a WaPo journalist is doing (this dates to 2016, I know, where have I been) a series about every President, and trying to put some context to their stories.  I am at Chester A. Arthur, and much of the focus was his come-to-Jesus moment about civil service reform...anyways, I find it enjoyable and interesting, at the very least.   One thing... by now, this is the fourth President to have died in office, and yet...no one seems to pay attention to the choice of the Vice President.  Now, of course, it's all about balance and such, but back then, it seemed...well, not that balance wasn't important -- Arthur and Andrew Johnson, for instance, were "balance" selections -- but that it was more inside baseball; they tended not to pick luminaries for the role.  Now, then as now, the job wasn't that important (there was much less emphasis on finding stuff for them to do), but considering the frequency with which Presidents bought the farm then, you would have thought someone would have tried to elevate the game...

https://www.outkick.com/motherf-ker-deemed-racist-term-by-ejected-giants-coach/

If calling someone a motherfucker is racism, I am the Grand Dragon of the KKK...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home