Monday, April 04, 2022

The Storybook Ending That Wasn't

 So, the storybook ending was not to be.  Alas.  But, as I like to say...Duke has lost many a basketball game, and they undoubtedly will lose more.  Still, it did hurt a tad....

Sunday I woke up and there was this thin veneer of snow everywhere and I was like "Well, that's pretty."  Then, of course, I said to myself, it's April, for Christ's sake, followed by the usual declaration of "behold the power of global warming."  I mean, it was nice in December (maybe), but now...well, I think we are all done with winter.  Hell, Holy Week is next week!

I realized something today; namely, I haven't made a restaurant excursion in a while.  Course, I have been hitting a parish fish fry every week, so I am spending about the same (actually, less) and it's not like our parishes don't need the money any less than restaurants. Now, with all this inflation... trying to fill the truck up with gas has been that of the Danaids, and I am driving less...anyways, it might be wise that I have cut back a bit, but I do feel a jonesing for some culinary tourism.  After Easter; I should make some kielbasa or buy some delicacies; didn't last year, but... well, I deserve it (not really).

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2022/04/ohio-secretary-of-state-frank-larose-says-he-wouldnt-oppose-impeaching-supreme-court-chief-justice-maureen-oconner-over-redistricting-rulings.html

I am not really surprised by this, though I was surprised by the source.  Of course, LaRose doesn't want to get primaried, either.  I mean, I tend to agree that the Court is going way too far in this -- hell, even Thomas Suddes of the PD noted that the erosion of Dem support in rural areas makes it hard to draw a map just right -- but I am not really about the cure; this seems a bit too harsh.  Nor would it exactly solve the problem...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home