Thursday, March 24, 2022

Scrappy

 Those Scrappy Blue Devils!  Pulling one out.  Honestly, I thought they were dead the entire game, and when they had those back-to-back turnovers with under 5 to go... but, this time, at least, they didn't fall apart, they kept calm, and...they pulled it out.  To be sure, Texas Tech is not their type of team -- tough, tall, physical, excellent defense.  But, they too have size, strength, and talent... and hence Mattie is a happy, yet relieved, camper.

Big event today, sort of...my first Board meeting as East District President.  It was very long, and I was not only the youngest one there, but also the only one who is a public school grad (I suspect).  That said...  it was good.  Learned a lot -- ministry ideas, stuff to do; also have a list of questions and follow-up queries for more ministries and stuff I would like (to try!) to do.  I also met all of the leadership team -- in person -- which is certainly good.  So, tomorrow -- I was pre-occupied tonight, you know -- I will start on going through these things.

I got a kick out of the confirmation hearings today...if Ketanji can't tell us what a woman is...I would think she is too damn dumb for the Supreme Court.  I wish someone -- Lindsay Graham, Ted Cruz, John Kennedy -- would have said that.

Odd today; my blood sugar was high this morning, and was so most of the day... I had a light dinner and a good workout, and the result is that my blood sugar has been the opposite.  Been popping snax like mad (we all know how I love that), buy trying to keep in mind that I don't want to wake up high again.  Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home