Sunday, March 13, 2022

March Madness

 So...that was an interesting weekend of basketball.  More top seeds fell -- Princeton, Nicholls State in the Southland; Duke also fell.  I mean...on the one hand, you can't stop a guy from going 7-7 from three; somedays, guys just have it.  Of course, when you are 3-20 from three...well, at some point, you have to stop.  Oi.  Duke now gets sent West to set up a matchup with Sparty, Texas Tech, and Gonzaga... which seems a very tall order; yes, Duke beat 'Zaga earlier, but that was then.  Winning that tournament would have given them a better seeding, I suspect. Alas.  In the meantime, the NIT and CBI pairings are up, and there is now literally two weeks of basketball -- playoff basketball -- on the schedule.  Words really cannot describe the awesome in this case.

Then, of course, there was the MAC Championship, where, before the festivities started, we had this:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2022/3/12/22974381/kent-state-players-suspended-akron-diss-track-video-mac-title-game

This could be me, but this is...pretty tame?  I mean, I say worse about people before morning prayer.  Yes, I am not posting it online, but...  I don't know, I just find this sort of thing amusing more than hurtful, especially as we are all adults here.  Then Akron went out and beat the snot out of KSU.  The TV guys were of the opinion that the video was the cause... I suspect KSU's 20 turnovers were more of a factor.  But that's me.

https://www.avclub.com/four-columbia-house-insiders-explain-the-shady-math-beh-1798280580

Old but interesting; looking back, a good quantity of my CDs came from them, and I suspect I lost money on the deals...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home