Friday, March 11, 2022

Hoops

 I was really busy today -- the new job has me hopping -- and will be for the next few days, and you know what?  I love it.  It's not the old job, for one, and... not saying it is simpler, but there is less junk to deal with in a day, and that means something.  Little reason to yank my hair out, I can sense progress as to what I achieve...it's nice.

Is it me (probably) but did a lot of #1 seeds lose in the conference tourneys today (and this year)?  Auburn in the SEC, Toledo in the MAC, Providence in the Big East, both top seeds in C-USA; let's not forget CSU, Liberty, and Iona earlier in the week, and I am probably forgetting someone.  Lots of auto-bids for the NIT, at the very least, but it also means some separation for a good mid-major; maybe a move to a 12 line where stuff gets interesting.

In coaching news...one, this could be me, but maybe the Big XII coaches were sad to see Cuonzo Martin go because they figured they could keep beating him (I know, I am cynical about this)?  I also saw that ECU fired Joe Dooley... I was surprised he took the job in the first place.  He took over for Andy Enfield at FGCU (remember them?), made an NCAA and an NIT (I think), and then left.  I don't know; I am sure it is a hell of a lot easier to get to the tourney from an AAC school than an A-Sun one, but... ECU has been rather moribund, while FGCU was/is....well, famous (Dunk City!) and the location is...pretty sweet.  Not sure I would want to leave...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home