Wednesday, March 09, 2022

Wakey Wakey

 I fell asleep yesterday at 7:15...oi.  Woke up at 4:30.  Double oi.  This was unfortunate, as I missed some exciting college hoops -- fan fights, Wright State's winner at the near-end -- and then got up at the literal buttcrack of dawn.  As my plan was to do a gym double Tuesday and Thursday...well, now I will do one today. I got there at 5:15 this morning and -- I counted -- there were 28 people working out there.  Now, there can be three times as many at a more normal hour, but... I was impressed.  

Also impressive:  LSU's Will Wade is in trouble again with the NCAA.  I mean, I am not sure how he survived the last time -- he was on tape, for Christ's sake -- but now...well, ok, the school didn't want to fire him (see Meyer, Urban), so... will he survive again?  This, of course, happened the same day that Bellarmine won the A-Sun tourney, but can't dance, as they are in the middle of their transitionary probation period...I can see why the rule is in place, but now...hell, Pedophile State didn't even serve all four years of their probation, why should they?

https://wondery.com/shows/tides-of-history/episode/5629-tides-of-history-book-report-the-guns-of-august/

I like this podcast, so I signed up for the free trial (have to remember to quit in time, though I might let it go for one month to make sure I listen to all the saved ones); he's interesting, admits the scholarship can change (a J! alum, to boot) and is progressive but hardly woke.  Guns of August is one of my favorite books, so I had to listen...and I think a lot of what they said is spot on -- impressive, exciting prose, sometimes wrong, historical focus has changed -- so I was quite pleased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home